woensdag 28 december 2011

2 hours with the Foo Fighters

That is my tattoo. It's the logo of the band 'Foo Fighters'. Here's my story, the story about my first Foo Fighters gig.

Imagine: you’ve been looking forward to seeing that one band for over 2 days. (actually a few years..)
You’ve been sleeping 2 nights without an air bed.
You’re tired, thanks to the noise all your fellow campers make.
Your feet hurt so much and there’s no place to sit.
Right: you’re happy that it has finally come to that one moment.

The PinkPop monday is there.
Front row at the Foo Fighters? Never gonna happen.
Judged too early, AND front row.. I gotta stay here.
A couple of bands and hours later, the moment was finally there.
Hands HIGH up in the air and LET’S GO.
I'm telling myself to go for it. This is what you have been waiting for and this is what you have been looking forward to. Go for it.
And that’s what I’m doing, I’m going for it.
Yelling, jumping, clapping and singing, I’m throwing out all the energy I have saved the last 6 hours of waiting.
The security that was worried about me earlier, is now seeing that this is  MY moment, this is what I have been waiting for.

I haven’t said too much and I haven’t expected too much.
It was all worth it.
The shitty sleeping, the long walks, the train trip and even the waiting.
I haven’t been this happy and enthousiastic ever before. I didn’t even know I had that in me.

Times like these, let it die, they’re all coming along.
They make me speechless and the goosebumps I have, are explaining what I feel.
I’m going along with the crowd, I love how I feel right now.
A giant rush of energy and a need for more.

It’s time for Learn to fly.
A magical song that does something to me that no other song does.
The rainbow is playing a big part in the feelings I have right now..
Magical, it’s all magical.
I couldn’t dream of anything better.

Enthousiasm, pride and luck are a few feelings that express the 2 hours I just had with the Foo Fighters.
My 2 hours with the Foo Fighters are done and it’s time to go home.
Tired but satisfied I get in to my dad’s car.
The night has only just started yet it’s so full of stories already.
So full of 2 hours with the Foo Fighters.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I know exactly what you mean and what you felt.. There is only one band (or person actually) who can make me feel like that.. Nothing or nobody can satisfy me like that.. Nothing or nobody can make me do the things I do for them/him.. I hate it, but on the other hand I love it and I miss it right now.. I think I will never find something like that again, but we will see..

    Xx <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. As soon as you see them it's like you're living in a fantasy, living in a moment and feeling things that aren't real but they are.. And when it's over and done, you feel so empty. Like nothing is gonna be as good as that again and then you just feel empty. Satisfied but empty. I felt like that for a while until I realised I'm probably going to see them again some time. Feeling the need to be with somebody or some band with knowing you're never gonna be able to get closer than front row. That's frustrating but realistic and it keeps you going for more.

    XXXX<3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Exactly! And I will never give up, but the moment the fantasy will become real it’s not interesting anymore.. I know from experience, so sometimes it’s better to keep things a fantasy and enjoy and love the moments you do have being with somebody/some band without really being with them <3

    Xx <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen