zaterdag 27 april 2013

Lately I've been measuring

One of the things I hate the most about getting older is that you become more aware of people around you growing older also. I'm talking about my grandparents in particular. Lately I've been noticing time is running out. It sounds plain and rude but that's what it is. I can't say it beautifully because it's not good. I don't like it. It's not beautiful, I can't romanticize this. I can't denie it.

Ever since August '12 things have been going downhill with all my grandparents. I still have 4, I feel very lucky. It's hard to witness it all without being able to do anything for them. If I could trade places with them, I would. These are 4 of the people I love the most. These are the people who taught me what it was like back in the days, these are the people who made it possible to live in the world I live in. Not because they magically created my parents, but because they learned me how to handle certain situations and they've been such good rolemodels. They are my life. I recognize myself in the things they do, I recognize myself in their faces. It may sound weird, but that's an honor to me.

It's weird to think about it. I wish I could know them longer. I've known them for over 21 years now and there's still so much left to discover. I know quite a lot about how they've become the persons they're these days and they have inspired me in many ways. They still inspire me every day and every time I visit them. I think it's really important to keep visiting them. I don't know how much time I have left with them, I don't know how much things I'm going to get to tell them. I don't know, I just don't.

I could never do them justice with all the words I say. There are no words to describe how amazing they are, how much influence they've had on me and everyone around me. I wish you all could meet them because you'd agree with me on everything I just said. I'm certain of that. Of course there've been ups and downs but everyone has that and it's not fair to only judge on that while there's so mnay great things that happened.

And I also hope you have people like this in your life, not necessarily your grandparents, just anyone. It's important to have that person, that is like your rock. Someone that inspires you, gives you good advice and just makes you feel like you. My parents do that, my grandparents do that and the most part of my family does that. I would like to thank them for it but there's no way I can ever explain. I hope you understand though.

My grandparents are the best part about me. I love them, no matter what. I will be there to take care of them when they need it because they've taken care of me when I needed it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten