vrijdag 30 augustus 2013

Music blog

Yesss hello it's that time again. I'm gonna post a few songs I've been listening to a lot lately and hope you'll find some stuff that's new to you and that you actually like (so we can hopefully fangirl over its awesomeness). Here goees.....



Band of Skulls - I know what I am.
As you read previously, I'm going to Queens of the Stone Age on the 26th of November and this week the support act was announced: Band of skulls. Of course I was like "I know the name but not the music" and my laptop did some youtubin and found this. Of course I know this song and you should know it too. I dislike female singers but her voice is not whiny so it's alright it's ok (haha ha ha stop it michelle)



Imagine Dragons - Tiptoe You probably know this band from their hits Radioactive & It's time. And maybe On Top Of The World too. But I'm quite sure you never heard this one before, which is a shame because it's a very good song that I like a lot. I saw Imagine Dragons about 2 weeks ago and I also met them and I can tell you I love them loads so don't go offending them because I will make you shit out of your mouth in stead of your ass. Thank you. May that be obvious. Alright, just have a listen. It makes me happy. That's rare. Hah.

Stereophonics - Dakota The Stereophonics have been around for a while and this song is quite "old" too but I fell in love with it a couple of weeks ago (I may or may not have fallen in love with Kelly, the singer, too). I love this acoustic version of it because his voice is so strong and powerful. It sounds so sweet and meaningful. It gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it (which is about 8 times a day).

De Staat - Devil's Blood This is a dutch band. Now don't go all judgeyjudgey on me because this is a GOOD thing coming from the Netherlands. De Staat would be a great addition to your music gallery. Their music is innovative, weird, unique, impressive, complicated yet honest but mysterious. All at the same time which makes no fucking sense at all. But I hope you understand what I mean and if you don't then I feel very sorry for you and your imagination. This album will be quite different from their first album, which is fucking amazing and will never get old, but I feel like it's going to be another really special and unique album. Keep an eye on them, will ya?

1975 - Sex They had a hit with their song about weed, Chocolate. I liked the song a lot but I like this one even better. I have a thing for weird male voices and this is a great weird voice. I also like how the song came together and what they made of it. The 1975 are a band that are more than welcome to the music industry these days. I really do think their music is refreshing and great. I do however also think that it's not a voice everyone can love.

Franz Ferdinand - Love Illumination Yes. Yes. Hell.Fucking.Yes. If this does not make you want to dance then you should go in some therapy because it's fucking amazing. I can't help but do my terrible 70's dancemoves.

The Fratellis - Seven nights seven days THEY.ARE.BACK. I am so HAPPY because The Fratellis are back and they already showed us some great new material and this is one of those songs. I feel happy when I listen to it because of the way it sounds. They've gotten more country/folk and I think it's a good thing. They get away with it. Jon's voice is all sexy and stuff and it's just one. It's just one song that sounds really good and happy and cheerful. You might know them from their song Chelsea Dagger. I don't know why they did not get more famous and why their fanbase is not that big. It's a great band with talented musicians that listen to each other and really play TOGETHER. So, if you want to see them as badly as I do, go check their website to see if they're playing at a venue near you any time soon!

Corey Gray - Stay (Rihanna cover) His voice. It's just.. wow. I've said enough. Listen to it, for your own good.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten