donderdag 6 juni 2013

THE day.

My calf hurts, my head hurts, my feet still hurt and my heart hurts a little less than last night.

Songs ar
e stuck in my head and incredible guitar solo's take over my heart every second when I start thinking of something else than yesterday evening. The amount of greatness in just one concert is not normal. It should be illegal to have the talent to make a night for so many people so perfect.

You look forward to som
ething for over a long time, in my case that'll be four years tomorrow, and then it's over in just 2 hours. Two great hours though. Two amazing hours with my hero. Not just him and me but also a great, huge, crowd. I felt it. I felt that we all were there for the same thing. I felt connected to them. And we all went insane when they finally came on stage.. There they were. Four men. Four crazy talented & super nice men. They were the ones we're going to look at for two hours and we were more than alright with that.

Sudd
enly the Dutch flag appeared and the national Anthem 'Wilhelmus' started. I thought I was gonna die from laughing too hard but I lived on and sang along. So did many other. The grin on Neil's face was absolutely priceless. It all started with Love And Only Love. A song so good it makes me wanna punch a wall because I can't cope with it being so damn good.

Som
e people were dissapointed when Neil didn't play Ramada Inn as long as expected but I think he sure as hell made it up by making Fuckin Up extra long & funny. It was absolutely hilarious. And as always, Hey Hey, My My, reminded us of why it's such a great song and why it's one of a few a lot of people on this world know. Goosebumps, for the fifth time that night.

Th
e band went off stage because it was 'thend'. Of courseveryone kept cheering and yelling. After a little while Neil came back on and started playing Like A Hurricane. I don't remember if the crowd went insane because it felt like I was on another planet. I think they went insane, they must've gone insane. I don't have many words for it because it was so damn good. The ground shook. I felt so alive it almost hurted, yet I felt like I was on another planet, another life. A perfect life where there were awesome people I was surrounded by and there was only good music. I woke up when Like A Hurricanended. 
On th
e previous setlist I read that Like A Hurricane was the final song so I got waken up pretty rudely by the thought of that. Neil took off his guitar strap but when someone wanted to take the guitar away he quickly put the strap back on and started to talk to us. I don't remember exactly what he said but he got me all emotional and thinking this was the last time I was going to see him. So I cried. I cried. God I felt lame about crying but I couldn't help it. So.. Roll Another Number came to an end and the guys lined up and waved at us. Ralph Molina started getting tears in his eyes and when I saw that I couldn't help but cry again. Luckily an unexpected smile made me feel a lot better. Although I still felt like I was never gonna see that smile in person again.
Th
ere I was, in the car on my way home. Everyone was asking me how it was and I couldn't help but get a little angry because of course it was so amazing. Of course it wasn't a let down. But I get why people ask me that. I'm glad at least a few of them still have interest in me. 
I hop
e I can see my hero again someday. 

p.s: You'r
e a fuck up.
p.p.s: N
eil Young can never die. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten