woensdag 4 april 2012

1 day, 2 gigs.

Last week (thursday, march 29) Krijnie, Anita & me went to see Greg Holden TWICE. My younger sister Claudia joined us the second time too. Let's start with the 1st gig that day.

Tuesday I went grocery shopping for this day. Lots of drinks, crisps, candy and cookies. Yep, it was a lot but if you get hungry while being on the highway you're screwed and it was an entire day of being on the road. Krijnie & Anita picked me up early that afternoon and we drove to the Wisseloord Studio's in Hilversum. Never been there an to be honest, I never even heard of it til 2 weeks before. Those studios are all legendary and stuff, to be honest AGAIN... I just don't care. I really just wanted to see Greg Holden play there. I've been talking about this day for WEEKS and now it's finally there. We arrived at the Wisseloord studio's and quickly spoke to the DJ/organizer Eric Corton. It was being organized by "Cortonville" (if you want to, you can check their site out here. Official launch in 2 weeks! Le click ).

We went into the room where it all would happen and sat down at the front row. As always. I'm a bit spoiled now, NOT looking forward to a gig where I will NOT be front row. And then Greg started. He brought a band, not what I expected, to be honest (why am I being so honest). But I loved it. Every fucking SECOND of it, it was amazing. Such great sound in the studio, lovely audience but mostly Greg and the band. My favorite song by Greg is "The Art Of Falling" but too bad, they didn't play it. I didn't mind, because they DID play "Bar On A" which is also one of my favorites even though I can't relate to it since I do not drink alcohol (... seriously). Time seemed to fly and before we knew it, it was over. Luckily we got to meet Greg afterwards! Nice and good looking guy. Krijnie, Anita & me hung out at the Wisseloord studio's for a bit until we had to leave. Cortonville gave us a goodiebag and the bag looked really good actually. What was inside also, btw. I had a blast there, and I was really looking forward to the evening! As we drove off to pick up my younger sister and eat at McDonalds I thought back of the short gig @ Wisseloord. It really impressed me. All of it. The sound, the band, the audience. Warm & friendly. Friendly & kind.

Picked up my sister and off to find a McDonalds. Not far away from my home, we found one. We sat down & ate (like you do at McDonalds.). My younger sister, Claudia, was SO excited for the evening. And so was I. We left Maccy D and drove to Rotown, parked the car and walked towards the venue. We were the first to arrive. To us that was very exciting, it meant that we were going to be front row AGAIN. A couple of minutes later, other people joined us in waiting for the doors to open. Rotown is a bar, a nice bar where a lot of small but really good bands play. I don't think the sound is too good, but it's alright. The tickets mostly don't cost a lot of money and it's not very far away from home so I was glad Greg was going to play there.

Once the doors opened we walked inside and decided where we were going to stand. Of course that was a quick decision. Claudia & me were standing below Greg, we could've watched what's inside his nose if we wanted. We didn't want that so we didn't. After an hour of waiting, the band came on stage and started playing. In between the songs, Greg talked a lot. It was more joking and seeing if the audience still enjoyed it, actually. And they did, we did. Everybody did. If you didn't enjoy, there was something seriously wrong with you and your ears. Not a word Greg said was too much. There wasn't a tension between the band and the audience, everyone just spontaneously talked along. Again they didn't play "The Art Of Falling" but again I didn't mind. "Bar On A" was even more awesome with this audience. "She's got something" is also one of my favorite songs. Just like "I don't believe you" and "hell and back". Even though the audience was amazing, I still disliked the fact that they were there to hear "The Lost Boy". It just shows that they haven't listened to any other of Gregs' songs. But Greg seemed to be fine with it and he also convinced the audience with his performance because there were a lot of people at the merchandise stand.

It was such an awesome and fun day that Krijnie, Anita, Claudia & I really enjoyed. I don't think I'll ever forget it. Greg is an amazing artist and you ALL should listen to his music. You can do that HERE!
Be sure to subscribe & buy his album. If he's playing at a venue near you, GO THERE. GO SEE GREG HOLDEN.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten