woensdag 4 april 2012

Bluesfestival.

As many of you heard at least a thousand times: last saturday it was FINALLY there. The day I've been looking forward to for so long. It was time for the Bluesfestival. I was quite nervous since this was my first assignment to photograph bands FOR someone but still I couldn't wait to get there. When I got there, I had nothing to do for at least 2 hours. I was bored as hell, but then the people started coming and around 3 the first band played. Driving South Bluesband is obviously a blues band, and they were quite good to start off with. They covered 'voodoo child' but they shouldn't have done that. You may only cover that song when you can play it. The second band started. CC Jerome's Jetsetters is a rockabilly band that got a lot of people dancing. They were really good and made me happy for some reason. They got people dancing and they were the second band. Normally it takes about 3 bands to get wasted and get them dancing. The third band was Mick Clarke. Can I be honest? I didn't really enjoy his performance. He played with Rory Gallagher so I HAD to see him. Since I was photographer at the festival, the organisation gave me fries for dinner. And the fries were delicious but because of the fries I missed Danny's Redeyeband. I saw a couple of songs and he impressed me because I didn't expect him to be so good. I sat down at the left side of the hall. We got a stage on the left and on the right. Danny played on the right and Alan Nimmo was getting ready on the left. As Danny played a solo, Alan played along just for fun but then Danny answered it with another solo and that's how they did a collab out of nothing. It was so awesome and that just made me look forward to King  King ft. Alan Nimmo even more.

Danny's Redeyeband ended and King King ft. Alan Nimmo got introduced. The bassist and Alan Nimmo came on in kilts, which was so awesome since they're scottish and staying true to that. Then they started. The band I have been looking forward to for so long, started playing and immediately it was perfect. The drummer was handsome. I couldn't help looking at him a couple of times. I'm sorry. But the music was so so so.. soo.... AMAZING. Everybody went NUTS as they played. Some danced, others yelled and another few people actually knew the lyrics to a couple of songs. One of them stood next to me and he smelled like a combination between a farm and grilled cheese. But it was still awesome that he went absolutely crazy. I guess it was his favorite band or something. I ignored the smell and enjoyed the show so much. Time FLEW by and before I knew it, they were gone. At least thats what I thought. After 2 minutes or so, they came back to play another song. There was an older woman in a wheelchair right in front of me, I loved how she was enjoying the music even though she was ill. The bassist of King King seemed to notice her and played right in front of her for a bit. Mick Clarke (the 3rd band.) actually sat in front of her on stage and played for her. I love it when artist do that. I mean, those people probably aren't feeling too well and still they come to see you so they deserve that. It's so thoughtfull of 'em. After the last song, it was really over. I didn't have a lot of photos of the performance since I was really blown away by their music and play.

After King King, Marcus Malone played. He was good, but a lot of bands would suck if they play after King King ft. Alan Nimmo. My dad & I went home early, we had to walk half an hour. Once I got home I sat down on the couch to overthink the entire day and once again I came to the conclusion that King King ft. Alan Nimmo was one of the best bands I've ever seen.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten