donderdag 12 januari 2012

Young. How Young? Neil Young.

laughing my ass off because of the title. I'm sorry for laughing at my own jokes but it's all I do actually. Ok so the subject of this "quick & short" blog is Neil Young. Obviously. Why? Because he has been my hero since I was a little Michelle. My dad is a big fan of him and he infected me with that. I'm thankful for that because Neil now means a lot to me. He's very inspiring. He went through a lot but still held on and became a great human being who cares a lot for other people. His protest songs are the best ones out there and he's a really funny guy. When he got brain surgery, my world kind of crashed. Luckily everything went alright and 4 years later I got the honour of seeing my hero in concert. That is now almost 3 years ago. I really hope I get another chance to see him because he's not getting any younger. He will always be my number 1 artist of all time. I don't believe in God or anything like that but I do believe in the strength of music and that is really powerful to me. Neil always makes me happy and if he doesn't, he makes me think about things I've never thought about before. Not a lot of people my age know Neil Young (or his music) and so I think I'm lucky for knowing it. Neil Young also made the bond between me and my dad stronger. So did Stevie Ray Vaughan, Rory Gallagher and other blueslegends who got us into blues. Each year me and my dad visit the Bluesfestival in my hometown. That's always special for me, cause not that many people have that bond with their parents.

1 opmerking:

  1. I only know you as a Neil fan hahaha! I don't know his music but I promise I will listen to it soon ;) Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen