donderdag 12 januari 2012

The upcoming gigs.

As you might have noticed: I love music. I recently blogged about my upcoming gigs. The first one is a fact, the second one is nearby. Here's the list I previously blogged about:

Go Back To The Zoo - Gavin DeGraw - Rammstein - Bluesfestival.

Go Back To The Zoo was last tuesday and it was a great first gig of the year! A great start of my musical year. It was a sneakpreview of the new album that's coming out in April and I'm telling you guys: I'm looking forward to hearing all the songs again because they're good! They played at Rotown, which is a very awesome cafe that gets turned into a really cool venue really quickly.

I have something exciting to tell (well, I think it's exciting): another gig has been added to the list. Greg Holden in Rotown! I don't know if you know him but I know I do. He's a singer/songwriter from the UK who now lives in NYC. His song "The Lost Boy" got really popular once it got picked up by dutch DJ Eric Corton who was busy with Serious Request (an event to raise money for charity). The Lost Boy got a lot of airplay since then and a lot of Gregs shows in Holland have sold out already! Rotown hasn't, but it will sell out and I'm glad I got a ticket already. Today, me and my younger sister decided she's gonna come with me. She's having a hard time. When she was little, a hole in her tympanic membrane was discovered. Last year she got surgery and everything went well until she got an infection in that same ear. Now there's a hole in her tympanic membrane again and she needs  hearing aid. It was either new surgery again or hearing aid. She shouldn't be making this choice at her age. It's unfair. She's only 14 years old. She deserves a night out and definitely to one of her favorite singers: Greg Holden. It's her 15th birthday the day before his gig in Rotown so that's nice. Check out his songs :-) He's really talented!

The Gavin DeGraw gig is coming up and I couldn't be more excited. It's going to be awesome together with Anita and Krijnie, as always. More gigs might be added soon, you never know. This saturday I'm going to see my aunt who will be performing with her choir. I'm not that much into choirs but it's my aunt and I've never heard her sing before.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. It's sad to hear about your sister! I hope she will be ok and will hear ok again with the hearing aid.. It's sad that she had to make this choice at her age but in this time they can make them so small that nobody will notice it.. I wish you both a great time at the gig!! Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah she's really upset.. She thought she made the final decision, but now she's doubting again. The problem is that the hearing aid might not be good for her ear, it might cause even more infections. And with surgery, it can go wrong again and it can go wrong worse than the previous time. Thank you so much

      XXXX

      Verwijderen
  2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen