donderdag 15 maart 2012

-

As I walked to you
I had a strange feeling
These flowers have all opened up
And you're surrounded by them
This is your place great-grandfather
I know you love the view
With all the birds and colorful flowers
But I'd rather have you sitting next to me
Drinking some tea and talking about the weather
It's been 8 months since you left this world
But you'll never leave my heart
You will be living in my mind
I miss you, but you will always be with me
As I hear and see the nature I think of you
With your garden full of flowers
And your walls full of pictures
I wish we could take one more last photo together
But when I see myself I see you I think of you
I don't wanna go away crying
Cause I've got many great memories to think of
Your company would be so lovely right now
And I just wanna hug you another time
Leaves are falling from the trees
And the sun is shining through
I'm just sitting here
Trying to find the words
That explain how much I miss you

This is something I wrote 8 months after my great-grandfather passed away. I went to his grave with a towel, a pencil and paper. I just sat there, thinking of him and everything he loved and this came out. It has been over 3 years now, last monday he would've turned 96. I'm happy he didn't suffer too much before his death, he was a happy, funny man that always knew how to cheer me up even when he didn't know I was feeling down. I miss everything about him. I miss his voice, his face, his long jacket, his words and I even miss drinking tea with him. I miss his hugs, I miss the day he gave me strawberries for my birthday and I miss him being around. I constantly want to visit him but I can't. I think he would've liked my photos and that cheers me up a little. He loved nature as much as I do. The birds, the flowers, everything. When I take the bus to Rotterdam, it always drives by his last house. Then I just have the feeling I want to walk out of the bus and go visit him. But I can't. And that's very hard to realize, every time again.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten