vrijdag 31 mei 2013

I don't know what time it was, I don't wear a watch.

As most of you know (and if you don't; shame on you. Your parents are very dissapointed.) Queens of the Stone Age's album ...Like Clockwork came out in the Netherlands today. It leaked about 2 weeks ago but I decided not to listen to it because QotSA was really excited about the album and they dropped little & big hints all the time. I loved their hints and the parts of the songs I had already heard so why listen to the leaked album when there was more hints to come? I didn't want to know how it all sounded until QotSA wanted me to, that day was today. Although I have no money to buy the album (I have to eat & drink @ pinkpop I'm sorry for willing to survive) I can judge how it sounds by the live performance they gave at The Wiltern last week. At first I didn't want to listen because I wanted to keep the live version a surprise for myself. I wanted to be surprised at Pinkpop but since everyone got their albums today I figured I'd listen to the entire perfomance anyway since I'd be blown away eitherway at Pinkpop.

When a part of Kalopsia came out I was overly excited because I could tell (by the title yes) that it was going to be my favorite song and tbh it didn't dissapoint me at all and I knew I was right by saying it was going to be my favorite song. When I first heard 'If I had a taill' I f
ell in love. Really hard. I think that Keep Your Eyes Peeled really grew on me (not as some type of body hair but err you knoww this is really gross no don't think these thoughts don't visualize please it's for your own good). At first I didn't like it as much as I liked the other songs I'd already heard. I love the lyrics and how it all came together because it really sounds really really good together (help i still got that image in my head make it stop).

 I also really love I Appear Missing because it's just really fucking awesome and I should not even explain why because if you don't love it something is really fucking wrong with you you messed up piece of sh. Let's now talk about My God Is The Sun, the first song we alllllll heard. When they played it for the first time it felt perfect. It was a masterpiece and it really had me looking forward to more songs (which we didn't get until a few weeks after). Shortly after QotSA played If I Had A Tail & I Sat By The Ocean. I Sat By The Ocean is a great song. A really, really great song. The first time I heard it I didn't really like it but later I found out that it was only because they played If I Had A Tail after I Sat By The Ocean. I Sat By The Ocean has great lyrics, just like all songs have actually. Lets just say Josh Homme is a lyrical magician.

When I Saw QotSA at De Wereld Draait Door they played If I Had A Tail bfore the show and I made me wanna dance. I didn't because me & dancing is a recipe for disaster so I stayed in my seat and behaved. During the show they played a bit of My God Is The Sun and at the end the entire band looked at their 'watch'. Lots of people thought it was because they could only play for a minute and a half but it was because of the album title, ...Like Clockwork. I still peed my pants laughing at that first suggestion though. I also m
et them that day, not for long because they had to go but hey I loved seeing them anyway.

So today I list
en to that live performance at The Wiltern for the first time which means I heard some songs for the first time. I didn't hear Fairweather Friends though. Everyone says it's a great song. I have no doubt whatsoever. Like I said before, Kalopsia was my favorite song but Vampyre Of Time & Memory made me doubt that. Jesus fucking christ, I was blown away by it. And I also like the title.   I have a thing for titles and if I could marry some of this album I would. But Smooth Sailing made me wanna dance. It did. So now I can officially dance to If I Had A Tail & Smooth Sailing. I like it. It has a good sound, a great sound. The one I like least is Like Clockwork. I don't know why, I guess that if you compare it to all the others, it just makes you forget the track. Not really forget, but it fades away a bit. I think it's something I didn't expect to be on the album. So it does really keep the album very interesting.

I lik
e the album and I can honestly say it's their best one yet because it just fits together. It's one. Although it's a little darker and more mysterious, it didn't surprise me that Queens of the Stone Age made an album like this. I can't wait to hear all the studio versions but for now, live is good enough. I can also say that, in my opinion, Queens of the Stone Age is the best live band there is. In thentire universe. Of course other bands come pretty close but they are phenomenal. No one can or will top this in the next five years. 

If you want to list
en yourself; search for Queens of the Stone Age The Wiltern & you'll be satisfied and not willing to listen to other music for the rest of your life.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten