woensdag 11 september 2013

Music

It hasn't been a long time since I posted a music blog about what I'm listening to these days but I already got some "new" songs I wanna share with you.

The Fratellis - Seven Nights Seven Days.

I already posted a video with their song the last time but the clip is out now so you gotta check it out. I like it a lot and I would like for The Fratellis to not be underrated anymore because they are a really good band with really good musicians and songs.



John Mayer - Born and Raised.
I am completely in love with John Mayer and have been for a while now. Born and Raised is such a great album and John is a great musician. He also loves Stevie Ray Vaughan and that's a big + so hey lezgetmarried babeh. I wish I was Katy Perry (never thought I'd say this, sigh, John makes people do and say weird stuff). I like this video because I like the headband. SRV wore it too sometimes. Of course it's not only because of the scarf around his head but this is a song that touches me. That sounds really inappropriate. Ok. Err.. I like it when he plays harmonica. The song calms me down (I need that every now and then). Nuff Said I guess




De Staat - All is dull.

I posted about them in my previous music blog post but this is a different song and a live recording. Yes. They really are that good live. I was there when it got recorded and holy crap these guys are so good. They already proved that with their 2 previous albums but this is just fucking magical again. If you have the time to check some other songs out; do it. This was my favorite from last saturday (when it got recorded).




Gavin DeGraw - Who's Gonna Save Us.

Yes! Gavin DeGraw is back again and I am loving it. The last album was a really good one and it seems that this one is going to be the perfect follow up. This is one of the newest songs and I love the lyrics. "At the bottom of an empty bottle is where the truth starts to spill. Don't wanna wake up with regrets from this feeling we can't kill" is the line that gets to me the most. I hope I get the chance to see him perform again because I really enjoyed it the last time. That was also because I had great company throughout the day! I honestly don't give 2 shits if you don't like Gavin in this blog because he's a good musician who writes good songs and has been in the business long enough to deserve some of your respect. 




Bastille - We Can't Stop.

Of course I would not make this blog without posting my about my babies. This time they did a cover of Miley Circus's song We Can't Stop. I admit, at first I thought "oh god no why" but it's actually really good and about a thousand times better than the original. Combined with the jokes that are hidden in the song it's just a great video to watch and listen to. They are a talented bunch of people who know how to make something sound completely different by adding just a few things and make it sound so good you want to rip your heart out and send it to them. Maybe the last line went a little too far but I can't hide my inner fangirl when I talk about Bastille. They are so much more than just another band from the UK. If you haven't got that figured out yet then something is wrong and my advice is to go see a doctor who can provide you with help. 





Dear Love - Lost
You might not hav
e heard about this band just yet but keep your eyes and ears peeled because they are going to be great. At least, that's what I expect and hope for them. When I first heard this song the singer's voice immediately stood out to me. I like how this song sounds, it's right. It all fits together. It's one. The lyrics are phenomenal and I guess that it's an understatement to say the writer is kind of a lyrical genius. It was the first song they put on YouTube and it was better than I expected. I sure hope they become bigger and bigger and can come to The
N
etherlands soon! You can also follow them on twitter: DEAR LOVE & youtub
e: DEAR LOVE

 

VIDEO - beware, this link contains awesome music

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten